Even people who consistently stick to an effective health and fitness routine can sometimes fall out of the habit. Getting back on track can be challenging – unless you find ways to rebuild a strong desire to start exercising again.
Here are some ways to give yourself the mental kick in the pants that you need to stop procrastinating and get up off the couch:
- Use it as an excuse to get me time. If you lead a life of chaos where it seems like every moment of your time is consumed with obligations, use a consistent exercise routine as an excuse to spend some much needed time to yourself.
- Put away your fat clothes. It’s a lot easier to put off exercising when you can hide underneath clothes that make you feel like you’re not as out of shape as you really are. Take all of the clothes that allow you to hide your extra pounds and put them in a box.
- Make yourself an irresistible offer. If you want to crank up your motivation to get in shape, promise yourself an entire weekend of frivolity, a shopping spree, or maybe even a new toy like a flat screen TV, or a new dining room set.
- Turn it into a social experience. It is likely that you have a friend, a neighbor, a coworker, or a family member who also needs to lose weight. Grab a partner and make a solemn pact to force each other to stick to it.
- Take a good look in the mirror. When all else fails, get undressed and stand in front of a full length mirror. Take a good look from the front, turn to the side, and even turn around and look back over your shoulder at your backside. If you need to lose even 10 pounds, the mirror will be more than happy to show them to you.
If you know anyone who could benefit from this information, please share it with them using the buttons above!
Check me out on YouTube!